If you want your poster printed for URCAD, here are some things you need to know!
Deadline: NOON, April 19
- We cannot guarantee your poster will be printed in time for the event if the poster is received AFTER this deadline.
- PDF files ONLY
- Please convert PowerPoint files (.ppt .pptx) into a PDF file (.pdf) before sending it to us! (via email, please)
- Size Constraints: 42″ tall x 46″ wide MAXIMUM
- Feel free to print out a smaller poster, but please don’t make it any larger than the size limit specified above.
- Please identify the funding source in your email along with the PDF attachment — we need to know who is paying for it. We cannot accept cash, checks or cards, only UMBC chartstrings.
- PLEASE AVOID dark backgrounds!
- Large areas of high ink saturation clog the printheads on our printers, followed by power-cleaning cycles that can take up to 2 hours, disabling our workflow.
- Please endeavor to have your poster look more like the lighter image than the darker image.
We provide the research community with the following services:
Macro-photography / Specimen photography / Dissection photography / Photomicrography / Videography / Video editing / Video production / Animation / Graphic design / Scientific illustration / Graphing / Scientific cartoons / Professional portraits / Poster printing / Copy editing / Image Processing / Digitizing analog media / Web authoring / Web design