We provide high-quality prints for research presentations and events:
Due to Covid-19 procedures, lead times may be affected. Please contact us via email if you need something with a quick turnaround: email@example.com
*If your poster has information that cannot be shared via the web due to security or privacy issues, please contact us via email or phone and we’ll set up a time to transfer the file securely.*
If you are a UMBC student, faculty, or staff, please use this form to submit a file for printing. If you have multiple files, please fill out one form, then email us firstname.lastname@example.org a Google drive or Box link to a folder of the PDF files.
Allow 3 business days from the time of approved file and chartstring submission. Turn-around times during peak times (April and October) may be more than 3 days.
We only accept PDF file format (we cannot print from Powerpoint files).
Please use your first and last name in the file name for tracking purposes.
At this time we only accept an authorized chartstring. Please email your faculty advisor or mentor to obtain the correct chartstring account number.
Cost & Size
***Please check the guidelines of the conference(s) you are attending to see what their size limits or requirements might be. Each conference is different. Many will provide digital templates for your poster***
Prints/posters can be mailed, but the cost is dependent on size, destination, and type of postage service (express vs. standard ground). Please email us if you would need the item shipped.
Standard poster sizes are 36 x 42 inches, 36 x 48 inches, 42 x 56 inches, but we can print any custom size up to 44″ x 84″
We print on a 44″ roll and bill according to how many inches of the roll are used at a rate of $0.75 per inch on paper or $1.00 per inch on cloth.
* this is Category 1 internal UMBC pricing, if an external customer, please contact for current rates/prices.
- 42 x 56″ poster = $42.00 paper cloth= $56
- 36 x 42″ poster = $27.00 paper cloth= $36
- 36×48″ poster= $36 paper cloth= $48
We can print onto paper or cloth. Our paper is a 260 gr/m2, semi-gloss is durable, high opacity and easily viewed non-reflective quality. Our synthetic cloth is a soft, satin finish with high saturation and extremely durable ink-retention qualities. The cloth posters can be folded and carried to meetings in a briefcase, instead of a bulky tube, then ironed at your hotel the morning before a presentation.
Logos & Design
- Make sure you’re using the correct logo for UMBC or your department, check out https://styleguide.umbc.edu/ for downloads and tips
- Check out our “Design Resources and Event Info” in the menu above for more help, templates, and specific info concerning UMBC events
- Avoid large areas of dark backgrounds or black backgrounds
- Proofread your PDF file VERY carefully before sending it — due to demand, it’s extremely unlikely we’ll be able to reprint a poster with typos or other mistakes
- Email us at email@example.com if you need any assistance with or have questions about file creation or current turn around times for printing
Delivery/PickUp & Payment
- We’ll email you an acknowledgement that we’ve received the file along with instructions for pick up or delivery with social distancing measure policies. Always feel free to check in with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping by Biological Sciences Building 102.
- A poster will not be printed until we have a chartstring for payment and authorization. We cannot accept any other form of payment at this time.